Are you planning to move your business to a new office? Whether you run a small startup or a large corporation, relocating your entire workspace can be intimidating.
There are numerous tasks to manage, such as finding a new location, coordinating with moving companies, and notifying clients and vendors.
The entire process can be overwhelming, leaving you feeling stressed and anxious. But don’t worry. This blog post will provide all the important information you need to make your relocation much less stressful.
Keep reading to find our office moving checklist, along with all the important factors to keep in mind when moving your business to its new home.
5 things to keep in mind when planning your office move
Ensure a smooth transition to your new office by taking these five factors into consideration.
1. Notify clients and vendors
Inform your clients, vendors, and suppliers of your move as early as possible to minimise disruptions. Share your new office address and contact information on your website, social media, and other communication channels.
2. Test equipment and utilities
Ensure all equipment, utilities, and internet connections work before moving in. This will prevent delays or downtime when you start working in your new office.
3. Take inventory
Take inventory of all your equipment and assets before the move and ensure that everything arrives at the new location. This will help prevent loss or damage during the move.
4. Label boxes
Create your own packing system and label each box of office supplies clearly with its contents. Remember, packing essential items separately can help streamline the unpacking process by making it easy to access important items as soon as you arrive at your new space.
5. Hire a professional moving company
Hiring a professional moving company can make the process of moving offices a hassle-free experience. Research various moving companies and make sure you get multiple quotes.
Don’t forget to ask about their services, check their credentials, and discuss the timeline. Doing so can ensure a smoother and more efficient office move.
When you take the time to research and ask the right questions, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your move is in good hands.
Make your office move seamless with our office moving checklist
When it comes to relocating offices, a checklist will be your best friend!
Not only does it keep you organised, but it also helps you remember important tasks and deadlines. Using a checklist, you can ensure that you’re making the most of your time and resources ahead of your moving date.
Start planning your move as early as possible to give yourself enough time to organise everything.
Nine months before moving day:
- Get three quotes from local moving companies and compare costs
- Make a list of service providers to inform of the relocation
Six months before moving day:
- Contact utility and IT companies to inform them of the move
- Communicate the move to employees and handle any concerns
Three months before moving day:
- Archive files no longer needed and dispose of bulky items.
- Arrange for a skip if necessary
One month before moving day:
- Order packing supplies and communicate to staff their packing responsibilities.
- Give the team a tour of the office
Two weeks before moving day:
- Email suppliers with the new address and set up mail redirection
- Order welcome gifts for staff and confirm plans with your professional office movers
- Arrange for thorough cleaning of the old office to avoid charges from the landlord
How can a storage solution help your business during an office move?
A good storage facility can play a crucial role in making your office move smoothly and efficiently.
A storage facility can help with the following:
- Temporary storage: If you need to move out of your current office before your new one is ready, you may need a quick storage solution to hold your equipment, furniture, and other items until you can move into your new space. A storage unit can provide a secure and convenient option to store your belongings until your office is ready.
- Long-term storage: Sometimes, you may need to move into a smaller office space with less room for all your existing office furniture or equipment. Many storage options allow you to store items that don’t suit your new office’s floor plan long-term.
- Decluttering: Moving offices is an excellent opportunity to declutter and remove items you no longer need. Using a storage unit, you can store these items and decide later whether to donate, sell, or dispose of them.
- Moving your business gradually: If you have a large office or are moving a long distance, moving everything at once may not be feasible. Storage solutions allow you to move your business into your new office space in stages, giving you more time to organise and plan.
Remember, carefully selecting a storage facility is important to ensure the safety and security of your belongings.
Streamline your office move with comprehensive packing and moving services
At Roy Trevor, we understand that moving offices can be stressful and time-consuming, especially if you have a busy schedule. We aim to minimise any disruption or inconvenience associated with your office relocation by providing a flexible and customised approach to planning your move.
Working across the North West and Cheshire, we ensure every detail of your move is covered, from the early planning stages to the post-relocation aftercare. We can assist with room layouts, label all packaging, and ensure that your belongings are organised and transported to your new office efficiently.
In addition, we offer our storage facilities for short or long-term storage solutions, making the process even more convenient for you.